- Gimbal-type design allows you to rotate your lens around its center of gravity and thus easily manipulate very large lenses
- Rugged design offers stiffness, capacity and fluid pan and tilt movement in a compact and lightweight package
- Arca Swiss style clamp supports a variety of medium and telephoto lenses
- Anodized 6061 Aluminum Clamp, Powder coated Aluminum upright, Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Made in USA. Assembled in Charlottesville, Virginia
About the Wimberley Gimbal Head II
The Wimberley Head is a specialized gimbal tripod head for telephoto lenses. Its gimbal head type design allows you to easily support and manipulate very large lenses for tracking birds and animals. Since its introduction in 1991, the Wimberley Head has become the industry standard for serious nature photographers.
The Wimberley Head Version II offers the same stiffness, capacity, and fluid movement of the old version in a more compact and lightweight package. The head’s redesigned panning base has zero play, and the pan locking knob has been moved to the side of the head, thus allowing the user to easily operate both knobs with the same hand. New lobed “soft-touch” knobs provide a more comfortable grip and perform better when using gloves.
In addition to the above improvements, Wimberley has examined all aspects of the head, tightening tolerances, improving friction materials and so forth. Our goal has been to make this head functionally and aesthetically better in every way than the old version and competing products.
WH-200 Gimbal Head with platform QR clamp (WH-200)
5 Year Warranty on all products from Wimberley
This product is protected by one or more of the following Patents: #7478970 & #7600941
List Price: $ 595.00
Price: $ 595.00