- Max base plate is a flat tripod base compatible with any tripod ball head except ones that have knobs that extend past the bottom of the head.
- At just 5 mm thick and about the size of an iPad mini, 5.25 x 7.75, Max is the perfect travel buddy and fits in any photography bag.
- 4 titanium “legs” for stability on uneven surfaces, with spikey or rubber ends depending on where you need stability.
- Two 2-inch belt slots to secure to any cylindrical object or to tape onto floors for remote camera setups.
- Attach to tripods or quick-release devices with the ¼-20 and 3/8-16 accessory threaded holes
Meet Max, the versatile mini tripod for big camera rigs! A follow-up to the Platypod Pro, Max supports heavier, larger gear. Don’t be fooled by Max’s small stature-it will be the most reliable tool in your gear bag! Made of aircraft-grade aluminum and titanium, the 5mm-thick Max is perfect for heavy DSLRs and full-sized video cameras, large lenses, bulky flashes and accessories-up to 300 pounds. If your tripod ball head can support it, so can Max. Max is compatible with most standard tripod ball heads and screws on easily without the need for tools. Max comes with four “feet,” which are adjustable screws that grip on uneven or rocky surfaces. Each screw is 2 inches long with heavy-duty rubber caps and locking nuts. Max doesn’t just lay flat. Place Max on an uneven surface, rig it with belts or zip ties on cylindrical objects, or mount it on a wall. You can even use Max for studio lights via the 1/4-20 accessory hole.
List Price: $ 99.00
Price: $ 88.69
- Platypod Max Plate – 4 Spike Screws (2″ 1/4-20) – Spikes Storage Box – Platypod Pro Microfiber Drawstring Pouch – Platypod Pro 5 Year Warranty – Platypod Pro Multi Accessory Kit for Pro, Max, and Ultra Camera Supports
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon removable “bayonet style” storage box: mounted on to plate to hold four 1/4-20 spikes, 2 inches long, with heavy-duty rubber feet and locking nuts. Small magnets keep spikes in place for storage.
- Two 2-inch belt slots: to secure to any cylindrical object or to tape onto floors for remote camera setups.
- Made of 6061 black anodized aircraft-grade aluminum: 5 mm thick. 5.25 x 7.75″ (5-year warranty Full replacement of parts for any defect in workmanship. Guaranteed to hold up to a 300-pound load!)
- 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 accessory threaded holes: for attachment to tripods or quick-release devices under the unit.
Meet Max The versatile mini tripod for big camera rigs! Get steady shots in tight spots where standard tripods don’t dare to go. For use with big camera rigs and long lenses About the size of a mini tablet Includes 4 spike/screws “legs” Supports up to 300 lbs. of equipment A follow-up to the Platypod Pro, Max is a sturdy flat mini tripod ideal for low-angle shots and situations where traditional tripods are cumbersome or impractical. Don’t be fooled by Max’s small stature it will be the strongest tool in your gear bag! Made of aircraft grade aluminum and titanium, Max is perfect for heavy DSLRs, large lenses and full-size video cameras. Max can support up to 300 pounds if your tripod ball head can support it, so can Max. Why flat? Platypods do not replace a conventional tripod, but they excel in a variety of situations: Max gets you the lowest possible camera placement for low-angle photography Fits into tighter and narrower spots than any other camera support Effortlessly slips into camera bag pocket without sacrificing room for lens or flash Great for front-heavy speedlight and accessories such as Magmod modifiers Take it on long hikes or treks where you need to lighten your load Strap or clamp on top of a ladder for high-angle shots Attach to a skateboard for cheap and easy tracking shots Spikes included
List Price: $ 119.00
Price: $ 119.00