AmScope SE306R-P-LED Forward-Mounted Binocular Stereo Microscope, WF10x Eyepieces, 20X and 40X Magnification, 2X and 4X Objectives, Upper and Lower LED Lighting, Reversible Black/White Stage Plate, Pillar Stand, 120V or Battery-Powered
- Stereo microscope for home or classroom use enables students and hobbyists to inspect biological specimens, rocks, stamps, jewelry, and large specimens that require handing or manipulation
- Forward-mounted binocular viewing head with pair of 10x widefield eyepieces, adjustable interpupillary distance, and 45-degree inclination to simplify viewing for young users
- Interchangeable 2x and 4x objectives provide low magnification and longer focal length for inspecting large-scale specimens
- Upper and lower illumination has LED light source to illuminate specimens
- Frosted stage plate allows light to pass through from below with transparent specimens, reversible black and white stage plate provides contrast with light- and dark-colored specimens, and stage clips secure the specimen during viewing
The AmScope SE306R-P-LED stereo microscope has a pair of 10x18mm widefield eyepieces, 2x and 4x objectives, upper and lower LED lighting, two stage plates, and a pillar stand. The forward-mounted binocular viewing head has an interpupillary range of 55 to 75mm and a 45-degree inclination to ease viewing for young users. The WF10x18mm eyepieces combine with the 2x and 4x objectives to provide 20x and 40x magnification, and a longer working distance for inspecting large-scale specimens that require handling or repair. The optical glass lenses provide sharp images, and are fully coated to ensure high-resolution images. Dioptric adjustment accommodates individual eye-strength differences, and eye guards ensure comfortable viewing. A stereo microscope, sometimes called an inspection or dissection microscope, has low magnification and a long working distance that enables users to manipulate the object being inspected.
The microscope has upper (episcopic) illumination that reflects light off the specimen for enhanced visibility of opaque specimens, and lower (diascopic) illumination that transmits light up through the specimen for enhanced visibility of translucent and transparent objects. The LED light source provides bright, cool light for working with temperature-sensitive or live specimens. The pillar-style stand secures the head for precise focusing, and bilateral coarse focus eases use for left- and right-handed users. The stage has a frosted stage plate for use with lower (transmitted) lighting, and a reversible black and white stage plate that provides contrast with light- and dark-colored specimens when used with upper (reflected) lighting. Stage clips that secure the specimen during viewing. The microscope has a 2-1/8″ (53mm) working distance. All metal construction is durable and stain-resistant.
|Objective power||2x, 4x|
|Eyepieces (DIN, 30.5mm)||WF10x18mm|
|Working distance||2-1/8″ (53mm)|
|Microscope stand||Pillar stand|
|Stage plate (95mm)||Frosted and reversible black/white|
|Illumination type||Upper (reflected) and lower (transmitted)|
|Power||Battery or 120V, UL listed|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What’s in the Box?
- AmScope SE306R-P-LED stereo microscope with forward head and pillar stand
- WF10x18mm eyepieces, 30.5mm, one pair
- 2x objective
- 4x objective
- Black/white stage plate, 95mm
- Frosted stage plate, 95mm
- (2) Eye guards
- (2) Stage clips
- LED bulb
- (3) AA batteries, rechargeable
- Dust cover
- Power cord
List Price: $ 119.98
Price: $ 119.98
Find More Products